Sunday, May 3, 2009

standardized test

Very Unfair! I think standardized test are unfair to all students, even if you are a good test taker. If your a good test taker and you do well on a standardized test most of the times they place you in some upper level class but then once you get in their lets what if your not as proficient in the subject that you happened to excel in on the test. I believe standardized test are very misleading. They hold too much pressure on students. When I was in school I hated them. Especially when they are for placement to see where you are qualified. A lot of students are not good test takers so should they be judged on a one time test? The difference between regular classroom test and standardized test is that the teacher sees a student's progress based on other assignments, with standardized test I feel that students are judged on this. Standardized tests should not be weighed so heavily.

1 comment:

  1. I agree 100%! I think they are very silly tests and unfair because not all students are great test-takers.

    ReplyDelete