Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Portfolios

I think portfolios are a great idea in the classroom. In elementary school I remember using portfolios a lot, not only in academic courses but in classes like music or art. It's a great way to keep your students organized and it allows everyone to stay on task. Portfolios provides a form of structure that will benefit the student, teacher, and parents. Portfilios can also be used as a good study guide, I remember using it as this in about the 5th grade. The teacher was going to give us a test on multiple topics that we have learned and we took home the portfolios and studied all of our worksheets that we have done so far. It helped me a lot because it refreshed my memory on some of the older topics that we had learned and I was able to study from the work that I already knew.

1 comment: