Thursday, March 12, 2009

Homework

I think the goal of homework is of course supposed to help students, but that doesn't necessarily mean it does. Homework is supposed to enhance students learning outside the classroom and also give them practice so that the teacher is sure that they have learned the material. When it comes to homework a lot of times parents interfer and they may even do the assignment for the child, giving them little opportunity to even learn, I see this as a problem. When someone is doing the assignment for you, your not really learning. As a future educator I do plan to give homework but I don't think I will emphasis on its value. The most important work I believe is how the student performs in the class because the teacher actually witnesses the students work and their habbits.

1 comment:

  1. Neijah-

    I completely agree! Homework is when a student is given the opportunity to learn the material on their own outsid eof the classroom and to reinforce what they have learned in the class. I also agree when you said: "Parents interfer and often do the child's homework" i knew so many parents grwoing up who did myclassmates homework and when it was time for testing those students did poorly and it really showed the affects parents have on their children when they "try" to help.

    Great Posting!!!!

    ReplyDelete